Sitrin's Stars & Stripes Run~Walk is going virtual this year!
Participants of all ages and abilities can run, walk, bike ride, wheelchair road race, hike, swim, or even kayak to complete their 2 or 3.1 mile distances. Please follow safe social distancing while participating.
The 9th Annual Sitrin Stars & Stripes Run~Walk for our Nation’s Heroes is proudly sponsored by Adirondack Bank.
What will your entry fees and donations support?
Sitrin relies on proceeds from the Stars & Stripes Run~Walk to fund its Military Rehabilitation Program, which provides comprehensive and complimentary care to post-9/11 veterans. Sitrin’s program has been instrumental in helping veterans who have post-traumatic stress, depression, spinal cord injuries, amputations, suicidal ideations, and other combat-related conditions.
The entry fee is $25, and you will receive a Stars & Stripes commemorative dog tag and t-shirt.
Learn more at:
For more information, email Chery Jassak-Huther: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Event:
What makes this virtual event so unique is that there is no official course! You can run, walk, bike ride around your block, your favorite nature trails, at a park, or even on your treadmill to complete your chosen distance. You must sign up before September 25 and complete your distance by noon on October 3, 2020.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, virtual races have provided a much-needed outlet for athletic activities for the entire family. Most importantly, we want you to get out and enjoy a run or walk and contribute in a healthy way.
It’s easy. All you have to do is sign up, complete your activity, and submit your time.
We thank you for your support!
There is no official course. You can run or walk around your block, your favorite nature trails, at a park or even on your treadmill for the distance you have signed up for. You must sign up before you run/walk and you should run/walk before September 25, 2020.
T-Shirts and Dog tags:
Each registered participant will receive an event t-shirt and commemorative dog tag.
How does it work? 3 Easy Steps:
- Register any time before October 3, 2020; 100% of your entry fee will go directly to the Sitrin Foundation. You will be charged the credit card processing fee for the registration site.
- Run or walk the course outlined below any time between September 26th and October 3rd at Midnight. Note: All current local municipality stay-at-home orders allow us to run outdoors (observing social distancing guidelines).
- Submit your Time. Use the IYR Virtual App on your phone or time your race on your own (with a watch, GPS or an app such as MapMyRun or Strava), and then follow the directions below to enter your time. We are on an honor system, as this is a charity event.
- Final results will be posted on October 4, 2020.
How to Record & Upload Your results with the IYR Results App
1. Download the IYR Virtual App to your cell phone from the App store Both Apple and Android devices will work.
2. Login using the email address you listed upon registering.
3. Search for this event,
4. Go to "Tracker" and click, "Ready to Start My Race"
5.Run or walk your chosen distance and the app will automatically upload your results (as long as your login email matches your registration email).
6. Check your results
How to Manually upload your results: